Stainless steel helical-worm speed reducers
Lovato provides stainless steel helical-worm speed reducers up to 110 mm distance to centre-axis, 4 KW installed power and 651 Nm torque transmitted, which can be installed in applications subject to one or more corrosive agents in the environment, and by design are easy to clean (easy cleaning); consequently, occasional or continuous contact between the finished product and Lovato's stainless steel helical-worm speed reducer is no longer a problem.
All external components are made of AISI 304 (corrosion resistant) stainless steel.
Where Hygiene Counts
Unlike traditional speed reducers, Lovato's stainless steel helical-worm speed reducers have smooth and even surfaces to prevent material deposits, they are not varnished to prevent peeling and contamination of the final product (they have no flaking paint); the technical data are engraved directly on the case to eliminate an area of bacterial proliferation that a normal plate would certainly create.
This allows high pressure washing (even with high temperature water and/or with the addition of harsh detergents) in all environments subject to on-site cleaning to ensure the long-term efficiency of the speed reducer (washdown tolerant).
Lovato stainless steel Helical-Worm speed reducers reduce downtime for cleaning, maintenance and repair.
Typical applications include food processing requiring frequent sanitation procedures and reference areas include:
- Food Handling and Processing including:
Poultry and Meat
Seafood and Fish
Cereal and Grain
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Chemical Processing Industry
- Petroleum Processing Industry
- Tobacco Industry
- Carwash Industry
- Mixer Industry
- Pump Industry
- Conveyor industry
- Only one case-closing lateral lid for all sizes excluding the size with 30 mm distance to centre-axis where the housing is completely closed (mono block).
- O-ring inserted between the housing and cover.
- The ring has a stainless steel AISI 304 hub and teeth in CuSn12Ni bronze enriched with nickel yielding up to 25% greater mechanical resistance than the non-enriched version.
- Serial FKM Viton® output sealing rings.
- Washdown tolerant: the design, the use of serial double-lipped FKM Viton® output sealing rings and open stainless steel rings for protection, the level of protection of Lovato stainless steel helical-worm speed reducers makes them suitable for CIP areas and Washdown situations.
There are many options available to make Lovato stainless steel helical-worm speed reducers flexible for more discerning customers as well.
Output flange, reaction arm, solid input shaft, ATEX (Category 2 - zone 1/21) certification, special lubricants (compatible with incidental food contact or low temperatures), stainless steel rings for output seal protection, extended worm shaft and combinations with Lovato stainless steel electric motors are just some of the options available.
The optional IEC or NEMA flange mount (PAM) and metric and imperial output shafts make Lovato's helical-worm speed reducers suitable for the global market.
Lovato can customise stainless steel helical-worm speed reducers according to customer specifications.